Pointing your domain names to your blog.
Point your domain to your Wordpress Blog
Pointing my domain was really easy using the Domainmonster.com control panel
Domain Mapping is a service offered by Wordpress as a paid upgrade that allows your Wordpress blog to assume your Domainmonster.com domain name.
To point your domain to your Wordpress Blog you will firstly need to log into your Domainmonster.com account.
- 1. Pick to ‘manage’ the domain you wish to point to your blog.
- 2. Click on ‘Manage DNS’
- 3. You will need to delete the A Record for www as this will be recreated as a CNAME Record.
- 4. To create a CNAME Record choose it from the dropdown and enter the required Alias (www) and Address ([your-blog].wordpress.com) then click ‘Add Record’(see image below).
In order to point you root record (non www.) to your blog you will need to forward this to the www. record using web-forwarding.
- 5. Click on the ‘Control Panel’ link at the top of the Manage DNS section (alternatively follow step 1 above)
- 6. Click on ‘Web Forwarding’
- 7. Select ‘Non framed web forwarding (Uncloaked)
- 8. In the URL box type the CNAME Record you created and your domain (www.lastname.com)
- 9. Click Save