.cc domain name from Cocos (Keeling) Islands
.cc domain name. What are they?
.cc is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Australian territory of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. First assigned in 1997, registrations are available at the second level without restriction. The .cc domain name registry is administered by VeriSign, who are also responsible for .com and .net domain names.
Why should I register a .cc domain name?
Preference for .cc domain names is expanding at an increasingly fast rate. With .cc domains such as dict.cc (English/German Dictionary) and tiny.cc (URL shortening service) using .cc domain names, make sure you don't miss out on your .cc domain names.
- Provides you with a great presence on the internet, a .cc domain name is a great way to protect your company, brand name or trademarks.
- There are no restrictions so you're not required to have any direct identification with the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
- There is an abundance of available domain names within the .cc name space, so you have the opportunity to register really memorable names! If your domain name is easy to remember then your domain is more likely to be visited
- Memorable domain names also allow you to create memorable email addresses that clients & friends will be able to remember with no problems!
- If you do have business dealings with or are located in the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, you can easily identify yourself and benefit from an added element of trust with these areas.