.IT Domain Name.
Register a .it domain name
.it is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Italy.
Whether you are a business or individual in Italy, have an involvement in Information Technology or are just simply looking for a short, snappy domain name, the .it domain name is the perfect identity for your online web address.
Register your .it domain name today!
Why register a .it domain name?
With a population of around 60.6 million inhabitants, Italy is among the five largest populated countries in Europe. Make sure you register a .it domain name to be part of this ever-growing namespace.
- Protect your brand or business in the Italian namespace.
- Create short memorable domain names such as say.it or wetsu.it.
- There are around 60 million Italian speakers in Italy alone and around 120 and 150 million people using Italian as a second or cultural language worldwide.
What can you do with your .it domain name?
Make sure you get the most out of your .it domain name with some of our great domain name and web hosting features.
- Create a Web Presence Take advantage of our monstrously good Web Hosting Packages, One-Click Apps and Website Builder to create your .it web presence simply and speedily.
- Web ForwardingPoint numerous domain names or just your .it domain name to your main website for no extra cost.
- POP/IMAP Mailboxes Create a unique .it email address to respond and reply with. Compatible with all email programs and devices.
- DNS Control Our advanced live DNS Control Panel gives you the power to manage your .it domain name's DNS exactly how you want to.
About the .it domain registry
The .it domain name is maintained by Registero.it. Initially, in 1987, the maintanance and registration of .it domain names was carried out by the CNUCE, which is an insitute of the Italian National Research Council (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche / CNR). In 1997, management was taken over by the Institute for Applied Telematics (IAT-CNR), and then the Institute of Informatics and Telematics (IIT-CNR), which was founded in 2002 through a merger between IAT and the Institute of Computational Mathematics, and forms the current .it domain name registry.