For a limited time - register your .UK equivalent FREE for the first year*
- Choose to register your equivalent domain name between November 10th 2015 and 7th January 2016 and we won't charge you for the first year!
- It's a shorter UK focused web domain for businesses and individuals. It brings the UK domain space in line with the more familiar international format of other shorter country codes like .de and .fr
- A .uk domain puts the emphasis firmly on your brand - exactly where it should be, to help you reach a wider audience and increase sales. It brings all the same benefits of trust, reliability and credibility as the .co.uk, .org.uk and other members of the UK domain family
- .uk is easier to remember and firmly states where you are and who your audience is, and being shorter the .uk domain lends itself well to social media channels such as Twitter where every character counts
- .uk is easier and quicker to communicate to your audience and easy to remember
* If you have been identified by Nominet as having Right of Refusal, then you can register the equivalent .UK domain name free of charge for the first year. Please note that subsequent annual renewals will be charged at the prevailing rate. If you have qualifying domain names, these will be displayed in your Domainmonster control panel.
> If you do not renew your domain you will lose the right of first refusal > Any domain not renewed will no longer carry your right of first refusal
What can you do with a .uk?
- UK email addresses Tell your customers and clients that you are based in the United Kingdom with an email address ending in .uk.
- Build a strong UK-based presence online We offer a number of web hosting packages to suit you. Easily create an online website for your UK brand or business.
- UK SEO A .uk web address can benefit your business when it comes to UK-based web searches or on keyword searches relevant to your business.
- Promote loyalty and trust with your domain A local .uk domain can promote trust to UK visitors of your site.
Different options within the .uk namespace
There are a number of choices within the .uk domain family, offering a variety of suggested uses and values.
What is a .co.uk?
The .co.uk is managed by Nominet. It is the largest Second Level Domain (SLD) in the United Kingdom and it is available to be registered without restrictions. The primary intended use is for general, commercial, enterprises and British businesses.
What is a .org.uk?
This extension is intended for organisations which might include charities, trades unions, political parties, community groups, educational councils and professional institutions. It is also often used by non-profit organisations and is the place online to champion causes and gather support.
What is a .me.uk?
Launched in January 14th 2002, .me.uk was the first new SLD to be introduced since Nominet began operating the .uk Registry in 1996. A .me.uk is perfect for personal use, whether for a UK based blog or personal email address.