You+.me - Point your .me domain registration to your blog.
What could you do with your .me domain registration?
Your personal blog reflects your life or opinions, so why not your domain registration? With a .me domain registration you can now have a truly personal domain name, one that is memorable and importantly one that is all about you!
Express yourself with .me and express your individuality on the web. It's simple to get started and get your .me domain registration acting as your gateway to your online world, just follow the steps below.
You can even try out our Members Area before registering your .me domain.
Pointing your .me domain registration to your Wordpress Blog.
Domain Mapping is a service offered by Wordpress as a paid upgrade that allows your wordpress blog to assume your Domainmonster.com domain registration.
To point your registered domain to your Wordpress Blog you will firstly need to log into your Domainmonster.com account:
- 1. Pick to ‘manage’ the registered domain you wish to point to your blog.
- 2. Click on ‘Web Forwarding’
- 3. Select ‘Non framed web forwarding (Uncloaked)
- 4. In the URL box type the URL of your domain we will create in the next step e.g. www.lastname.me
- 5. Click Save
We have just created a forwarder for the root record (non www.) to your blog. We'll now create a CNAME record to point to your domain registration.
- 6. Click on the ‘Control Panel’ link at the top of the Web Forwarding section (alternatively follow step 1 above)
- 7. Click on ‘Manage DNS’
- 8. Firstly you will need to delete the A Record for www as this will be recreated as a CNAME record.
- 9. To create a CNAME Record choose it from the dropdown and enter the required Alias (www) and Address ([your-blog].wordpress.com) then click ‘Add Record’(see image below).
- 10. The process is complete and your registered domain will forward to your Wordpress blog.
Your domain registration can be used to create subdomains (john.lastname.me) for individual members of your family to host their own blogs etc.