.mobi Domain Registration. Why register?
.mobi domain registration phenomenon
Domain registration for .mobi are completley open and available for registration by anyone. There are more digital mobile phones than televisions and PCs combined and according to recent research, more than half of mobile handsets are less than a year old, with most having full internet capabilities. In emerging markets where fixed line communications are scarce, analysts predict mobile internet usage will be the communication channel of choice.
That's where your .mobi domain registration comes in - it makes your mobile device as useful as a PC for browsing and data services, but far more portable.
.mobi provides the critical link between the mobile operator, Internet services and the users to make their mobile devices the internet and communication tool of choice.
Reasons for a .mobi domain registration
We've picked out a few of the top reasons why you really should secure your .mobi domain registration.
- There are four times as many mobile phones sold as PCs. That's 1.3 billion people who can access the internet on their mobile phones, via your domain registration.
- The mobile web is a new marketing channel that's predicted to generate $150 billion by 2011.
- .mobi is a trustmark that tells your customers your domain and website will work on a mobile phone and that your content is relevant to their mobile context.
- Mobile sites using .mobi perform better on search engines. Each domain registration gets only one entry in the web "zone files" that search engines use for their crawls. Your .com or .net is already used for your PC site, so you won't get an entry for "m.site.com" or "site.net/mobile," etc.… but you get one for .mobi.
- Microsoft predicts most peoples first computing experience will be on a mobile. If your brand is one that people see during that formative experience, you will leave a positive, long-term impression.