.SO Sunrise PhaseSunrise: 1st Nov - 31st Dec 2010
Got a trademark? Get your Domain in the Global Sunrise phase!
- Registration of .SO domains during the Global Sunrise process is critical if you wish protect your trademark and corporate identity.
- Securing your Sunrise .SO domain registration is a simple online process where you'll be asked to provide additional information about your trademark at the checkout.
Are you eligible for this phase?
Eligibility to participate in the Global Sunrise will be limited to holders of trademarks that:
- 1. Were registered and were in full force and effect on or before 1st January 2010 and must not have expired at the time of validation;
- 2. Are registered in a trademark office or registry that corresponds to a state or entity described in the WIPO Standard ST.3 code;
- 3. The domain name applied for must be identical to all text or word elements contained within the eligible trademark.
- 4. Figurative trademarks are allowed under certain conditions including variants to trademarks, for example the trademark plus a descriptive word; or a trademark which has been previously recovered by trademark owners through judicial or dispute resolution proceedings.
You will need to supply the following information† with your application:
- The Registered Trademark
- Registration Number
- Registration Country
- Applicant Capacity (Owner, Licensee or Asignee)
†You will be asked to supply this information at the checkout stage on Domainmonster.com
Sunrise domain registration auctions
If two or valid domain applications are made during the .SO Sunrise stage then the domain will be subject to an auction process.
- The auction process will be undertaken by Pool.com.
- Account activation emails will be sent to participants by Pool.com.
- Notification of domain auctions will be sent by Pool.com at least 10 days in advance of auctions. Participants will also receive an email on the day the auction starts.
- Domains will be allocated to the winning bidder within 10 days of auction being marked as paid.
- Auction participants will be notified of auction statuses throughout via email.
Find out more about .SO domain auctions here
- • Opens 1st November 00:00 UTC.
- • Closes 31st December 2010 23:59 UTC.
- • registration period - 3 to 10 years.