.eu Web Address Information
- Registration Period:
- 1-10 Years
- .eu is administered by the European Union under contract. It is technically the country code web address for the European Union
- Applicants for .eu web addresses must have an address based within the European Union.
- Renewal Information:
- Renewals for .eu web addresses may only be carried out when the domain has 6 months or less before it expires. Renewing the domain adds 1 year on to the current expiry date.
- Expiry Information:
- Upon expiry, if you have not renewed, the domain will enter a 40 day quarantine period. You cannot make changes to the web address during this period but you can still renew it. However, a redemption charge will be applied.
- Redemption Information:
- Should you wish to renew your domain during the 40 day quarantine period a redemption charge will be applied.
- Transfer Information:
- Transfers require a single years renewal, to be paid upon submitting the transfer request. Once the transfer completes, the expiry date will change to 1 year from the date of the transfer completing.
You cannot request a .eu transfer if:
- The domain was registered within the last 60 days
- The domain was transferred within the last 60 days
To complete a .eu transfer, you must have access to the Admin email as listed in the WHOIS database. Please speak to your current provider should you not have access to these.
- Authority Website:
- WHOIS Website:
- Domainmonster.com eu domain names
- Find out more about eu domain names.