.org Web Address Information
- Registration Period:
- 1-10 Years
- The .org web address is a generic TLD. It was originally designed for Organisations.
- Anyone may register a .org web address.
- Renewal Information:
- Renewals for .org web addresses can be carried out at any time. The total registration length can never exceed 10 years.
- Expiry Information:
- Upon expiry, you will be unable to make changes to a .org domain name until a renewal is applied. There is a grace period of 16-26 days which starts on the day of expiry. You may renew your .org web address in this period without penalty.
- Redemption Information:
- After the 16-26 day grace period, a 30 day redemption period begins. Should you wish to renew your .org domain at this point, a redemption charge will be applied.
- Transfer Information:
- Transfers require a single years renewal, to be paid upon submitting the transfer request. Once the transfer completes, a year will be added on to the expiry date.
You cannot request a .org transfer if:
- The domain was registered within the last 60 days
- The domain was transferred within the last 60 days
- The domain is locked. You must unlock the domain name with the current provider.
To complete a .org transfer, you must have access to the Admin email as listed in the WHOIS database, and have the EPP Auth Code from the current provider. Please speak to your current provider should you not have access to these.
- Public Interest Registry
- Authority Website:
- WHOIS Website:
- Domainmonster.com org domain names
- Find out more about org domain names.