.us Web Address Information
- Registration Period:
- 1-10 Years
- The .us web address is a country code top level domain (ccTLD). It is the county code for the United States
- Applicants for .us web addresses must fit into one of the following categories:
- United States citizen.
- Permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories.
- U.S. organization incorporated within one of the 50 states of a U.S. territory.
- Regularly engages in lawful activities (sales of good or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial, including not-for-profit relations in the United States).
- Entity has an office or other facility in the U.S.
We assume that if you have US address then you are a United States Citizen, or US Corporation if a company is specified. We may contact you if you do not have a US address to ask you to confirm your category.
- Renewal Information:
- Renewals for .us web addresses can be carried out at any time. The total registration length can never exceed 10 years.
- Expiry Information:
- Upon expiry, you will be unable to make changes to a .us web address until a renewal is applied. There is a grace period of 40 days which starts on the day of expiry. You may renew your .us in this period without penalty.
- Redemption Information:
- After the 40 day grace period, a 30 day redemption period begins. Should you wish to renew your .us domain at this point, a redemption charge will be applied. Once the 30 day redemption period is up, the domain will be deleted at a random time over the following 7 days.
- Transfer Information:
- Transfers require a single years renewal, to be paid upon submitting the transfer request. Once the transfer completes, a year will be added on to the expiry date.
You cannot request a .us transfer if:
- The domain was registered within the last 60 days
- The domain was transferred within the last 60 days
- The domain is locked. You must unlock the domain name with the current provider.
To complete a .us transfer, you must have access to the Admin email as listed in the WHOIS database, and have the EPP Auth Code from the current provider. Please speak to your current provider should you not have access to these.
- Authority Website:
- WHOIS Website:
- Domainmonster.com us domain names
- Find out more about us domain names.