.com Web Address Information
- Registration Period:
- 1-10 Years
- .com is considered by most to be the global web address and is a top level domain (TLD). It was originally designed for COMmerical use.
- Anyone may register a .com web address.
- Renewal Information:
- Renewals for .com web addresses can be carried out at any time. The total registration length can never exceed 10 years.
- Expiry Information:
- Upon expiry, you will be unable to make changes to a .com web address until a renewal is applied. There is a grace period of 16-26 days which starts on the day of expiry. You may renew your .com in this period without penalty.
- Redemption Information:
- After the 16-26 day grace period, a 30 day redemption period begins. Should you wish to renew your .com domain at this point, a redemption charge will be applied.
- Transfer Information:
- Transfers require a single years renewal, to be paid upon submitting the transfer request. Once the transfer completes, a year will be added on to the expiry date.
You cannot request a .com transfer if:
- The domain was registered within the last 60 days
- The domain was transferred within the last 60 days
- The domain is locked. You must unlock the domain name with the current provider.
To complete a .com transfer, you must have access to the Admin email as listed in the WHOIS database, and have the EPP Auth Code from the current provider. Please speak to your current provider should you not have access to these.
- Verisign Global Registry Services
- Authority Website:
- WHOIS Website: